Extent: 5 ECTS
Level: Professional studies
The student takes part in building and developing multichannel customer experiences for an international brand. The student familiarizes him/herself with practical planning and implementation processes of international marketing and communications. The student can manage multicultural and multilingual communication projects and work in multicultural project teams. The student can produce marketing and communications materials for multiple channels to promote an international brand concept.
Learning objectives and assessment
- knows what needs to be taken into account when planning a multicultural and multilingual communications project.
- takes some responsibility as a member of a multicultural project team.
- can contribute to a multicultural communications project to help promote an international brand concept.
- can produce a project plan for a multicultural and multilingual communications project.
- can work as a proactive and responsible member of a multicultural project team.
- can take into account the diverse needs and expectations of multicultural audiences.
- can produce marketing and communications materials for multiple communications channels and in more than one languages.
- can take an active role in promoting an international brand concept to multicultural audiences.
- can successfully manage a multicultural and multilingual communications project.
- can work as a project manager of a multicultural project team or take holistic responsibility for the project together with the project manager.
- can produce engaging marketing and communications materials that meet and exceed the diverse needs and expectations of multicultural audiences.
- can produce professional marketing and communications materials for multiple channels to create innovative and lasting brand experiences for multicultural audiences.
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If the student has acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, s/he can contact the teacher in charge of the course to agree on how to show the competence. Information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning are available on MyNet.
Working life connections
The students plan and implement a hands-on marketing and communications project as part of the operations of Creative Agency Krea (www.krea.fi).
The students plan and produce content for multicultural audiences in more than one language.
Global branding in practice
Planning and implementing a multicultural communications project
Brainstorming and ideation
Producing marketing and communications materials for an international branding project
Evaluation and feedback
Students provide marketing and communications services to client companies and/or other cooperation partners as part of the operations of Creative Agency Krea (www.krea.fi).
The students learn to work in multicultural teams and take entrepreneurial responsibility for planning and implementing the projects as agreed with the client/cooperation partner.
Passing the course requires commitment to the team work and contact sessions. The grade is based on the communications materials produced as part of a multicultural team (50 %) and on the student’s own commitment and attitude (50 %).
To be announced at the beginning of the course.