- Code: BUS4TF004
- Extent: 6 (156h)
- Timing: Semester 6
- Language: English
- Level: professional studies
- Type: elective
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequisite : ERP application and business process development (SYS4TF070)
Upon successful completion of the course, students will have good level of knowledge with following subjects:
- business view of supply chain management
- how ERP systems support supply chain management and process development
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system 5.0 logistics functionality
- supply chain management / logistics processes in business
- SCM/ logistics processes in Microsoft Dynamics Nav ERP system
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
To get a passing (P) grade and exemption from the course, student must display and demonstrate the competence by certificates from earlier studies or work experience covering the course objectives and contents. It is possible to participate in the competence demonstration only once before taking the course.
Teaching and learning methods
Lectures, assignments, Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system exercises
The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Jarmo Harmonen, Pasila
- Cecil Bozarth, Robert B. Handfield (2008) : Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 : Trade
The course is evaluated on a scale from 1 to 5. The assessment criteria is presented on a three scale procedure.
|Grade 5 (90 %)
||Grade 3 (70 %)
||Grade 1 (40 %)
|Student has excellent knowledge of Supply Chain Management basic concepts and logistics processes in Microsoft Dynamics Nav.
||Student has good knowledge of Supply Chain Management basic concepts and logistics processes in Microsoft Dynamics Nav.
||Student has sufficient knowledge of Supply Chain Management basic concepts and logistics processes in Microsoft Dynamics Nav.
Modes of assessment and their weights
Assignments and system exercises 40 %
Final examination 60 %
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.