Spanish Business Documents
(Correspondencia comercial en español)
- Code: SPA4LE046
- Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
- Timing: Semester 4
- Language: Spanish
- Competence level: B1
- Level: professional studies
- Type: elective*
*required of students who have chosen compulsory Spanish
Spanish Business Communication (SPA4LE010) or equivalent.
- acquire the skills to produce clear, logical and detailed business texts on complex business matters
- are able to write business letters and PR letters in Spanish
- know letter standards, business and PR correspondence in Spanish, as well as meeting documents
- The course focuses on written communication skills in various business contexts. Business correspondence is practiced via e-mail with a partner polytechnic, or among HAAGA-HELIA students.
Distinctive features of written Spanish:
- spelling and use of punctuation
- business correspondence: offers, offer requests, orders, claims, invoicing and warehouse management
- PR letters: invitations, congratulations, thank you letters, condolences and sales letters
- internal communications: invitations to meetings, minutes of meetings
- in-class simulation of meetings.
Teaching and learning methods
The course consists of contact hours and independent study, totaling 81 hours of study time.
Contact hours 28 h (2h/week)
Two written exams 2 x 2 h = 4 h
Independent study 48 h
Self-assessment of learning 1 h
Course exercises must be completed before the exams.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
A student can demonstrate his or her equivalent language skills relating to the course objectives and content. This must be agreed upon with the teacher no later than two weeks before the course begins. Each student may attempt this only once in the period prior to the giving of the course. Evaluation is on a scale of 1-5.
Teacher with the main responsibility for the course
Pedro Beltrán Herrera, Pasila
Lindgren Kristina - Savinainen Pekka - Seppä Ritva 2008. Claves del Éxito: Liike-elämän espanjaa: Chapter 5, Edita Publishing Oy, Helsinki.
Dictionaries: Spanish-Finnish, Spanish-English, Spanish-Swedish.
Binder, Kärnä, Métivier, Miestamo, Salenius, Savinainen, Solonen, Taimio & Åberg 2007. Liikeviestinnän käsikirja - Viestit vaihtoon 7 kielellä. Edita. Helsinki.
Assessment criteria/scale 5-1.
|5 excellent||3 good||1 satisfactory|
Written exam 70 %
Exercises 30 %
The self-assessment of learning assignment does not impact your grade. The
assignment is the same for all courses/modules and your answers will be used
also for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in