People at Work
- Code: LEA4LS080
- Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
- Timing: 4th semester
- Language: English
- Level: Professional studies
- Type: Elective*
*required of Assi and Mubba students majoring in Organisations, Leadership and HR
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- understands the behavior of people at work both as individuals and groups
- knows about human recourse management practices such as recruitment, development and motivation
- has knowledge of things essential to well being of employees and is able to take them into consideration in her own work
- Individuals and groups at work place
- Human Resource Management
- Well being at work.
Cooperation with the business community
Data for group assignment is collected in some organization.
Teaching and learning methods
Contact hours 24-32 h
Self-study 48-56 h.
Self-assessment of learning 1 h
Eija Kärnä, Pasila
Olli Laintila, Pasila
Bratton J. & Gold J. 2007. Human resource management: theory and practice. 4th ed. New York: Palgrave Mcmillan.
Robbins S. P. & Judge T. A. 2009. Organizational behavior. 13th ed. Upper Saddle River (NJ): Pearson Education.
Assessment criteria/scale 5-1.
|5 excellent||3 good||1 satisfactory|
Participation and contribution to work on lessons 50 %
Assignment and presentation 50 %
The self-assessment of learning assignment does not impact your grade. The
assignment is the same for all courses/modules and your answers will be used
also for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in