Producing Business Documents
- Code: INF1LE022
- Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
- Timing: 2nd Semester
- Language: English
- Level: core studies
- Type: compulsory
Office Applications (WOR1LE001E)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- is able to produce technically skilful and correctly prepared business documents using the features and commands the MS Word 2010 offers
- can produce business documentation in accordance with the current key SFS standards
- can make effective use of the following features: templates, themes, styles, building blocks, tables, drawing tools, sections, tables of contents, and much more
- has the knowledge and skills to file and manage multiple documents rationally and efficiently
- has increased both his/her self-reliance, speed and efficiency in the use of computers and the MS Word 2010 application
- Application of standard layouts to documents, SFS document standard
- Numbers, special characters and abbreviations in accordance with Finnish and English standards
- Use of MS Word 2010 building blocks, themes, styles, and templates.
- Creating document templates including styles, and building blocks,
- Using mail-merge functions for mass mailing.
- Working with long documents such as theses.
- Producing automatic tables of contents
- Creating and editing tables
- Linking pictures and graphs to documents .
- Using document properties.
- Protecting documents.
- Using comments and track changes features.
Cooperation with the business community and other organisations
The class exercises are based on real-life business communication and marketing.
Teaching and learning methods
Contact classes 32 h
Independent study 48 h
Self-assessment of learning 1 h
Recognition of prior learning
Recognition of prior learning is a process whereby, through assessment, credit is given to learning which has already been acquired in different ways, e.g. with earlier studies or working experience with MS Word 2010.
Student should contact the teacher after first-selection enrolment and agree how to demonstrate his/her knowledge and skills of MS Word 2010 use in business documents.
Heli Lankinen, Pasila
Material and exercises provided by the lecturer.
Assessment criteria (Scale 5-1)
|5 excellent||3 good||1 satisfactory|
100 % Exam
The self-assessment of learning assignment does not impact your grade. The
assignment is the same for all courses/modules and your answers will be used
also for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in