Your studies at HAAGA-HELIA begin with a 2-5 day kick-off orientation period, which will be provided in all HAAGA-HELIA campuses on the week before classes begin. Orientation will then continue throughout the first semester. Kick-off orientation is the same for all degree programmes, and it is absolutely essential that you participate in order to ensure a good start for your studies!
- Becoming familiar with HAAGA-HELIA, other first-year students and your own group
- Getting acquainted with your group’s academic advisor and student tutors
- First period course timetables and general information relating to studies
- Completion of entry-level exams for some study modules
- Taking the first starting exam in units where this is given
- Getting your library card, student card, IT user name and password, and lunch discount card
- Learning about extra-curricular activities from student organisation representatives
- Starting your professional growth on the path to becoming an expert in your own field
- Making the realisation that the dictionary is the only place where success precedes work.