Scope: 5cr (135h)
Timing: 4th semester
Course level: Professional studies
Course type: Elective
Starting Level and linkage with other courses
Student has completed the course Orientation to Software Development, ICT1TF012
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to
- understands the mobile development characteristics
- develop professional mobile applications on 1-2 platforms
- further develop his/her development skills.
- knows the limitations of his or her skills
Topics to be covered in the course include the following:
- Mobile development characteristics
- Android platform basics
- Selected mobile development technologies
Working life connections
Guest lectures are organized if feasible.
All course material is provided in English. Possible guest lecturers from international companies.
Teaching and learning methods
- Teaching 48 h
- Independent study 87 h
- The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
- Studying includes lectures and exercises
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
Accreditation of prior learning (APL) is observed on the course according to separate instructions.
- The course web pages
- Online material
Accepted course is evaluated with grades 1 to 5.
Grade 1 (40%)
- Knows the basic concepts of mobile development.
- Shows passable activity in class and individual studying
- Has skills in creating an application using the technologies taught on the course
Grade 3 (70%)
- Knows the mobile development concepts well
- Shows good activity in class and individual studying
- Has good knowledge and skills in creating an application using the technologies taught on the course
- Can use the course materials in an effective way to support own learning
Grade 5 (90%)
- Knows the mobile development concepts in depth.
- Has excellent knowledge and skills in creating an application using the skills technologies on the course Able to develop security practices.
- Can fluently use the course materials and other sources to support own learning
- Can independently solve problems
Assessment components and their respective weights
- Project 60%
- Assignments and Activity 40%