Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: semester 2
Course level: Basic Studies
Course type: compulsory
Starting level and linkage with other courses
You understand the role of modern supply chain management (SCM) in creating competitive advantage to a firm from the financial, customer service as well as ethical and environmental perspective. You master the basic SCM concepts, which will help you in communicating with the internal and external stakeholders.
- elements and functions of the global supply chain
- features and challenges of international logistics
- purchasing process
- logistics and functions (customer service level, order management, inventory, warehousing, transportation, material handling)
- reverse logistics
- logistics service providers and logistics services
- financial importance and competitive advantages of SCM
- sustainable SCM (environment & ethics)
- role and risks of outsourcing
- customer service via sourcing and logistics
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Visiting lecturers from companies.
Global supply chain management cases are used.
Contact and distant sessions or virtual course or project course or intensive course or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
Link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.