- Course code: SAL1TF001
- Extent: 5 cr (135 h)
- Period: 1st semester
- Language: English
- Level of studies: core studies
- Type of studies: compulsory
Sales and Services (2 ECTS)
Office Tools (3 ECTS)
What is modern sales
Sales meeting and sales process
IT-specialist in customer interface
Value creation process
Features – benefit – advantages
- presentation skills, presentation
- sales documents
- own template and styles
- different headers and footers
- forms (fields)
- sales documents
- mailing documents
- reports (section break, table of content)
Basics of spread sheet calculation:
- formulas, functions
- tables, data bases, Pivot tables
- producing a sales presentation
- producing an own template
- using animations
Producing the selected sales material by using Office Tools.
Summarising the sales and service promise by producing such sales material.
Provided or informed by your teacher.
Working life and co-operation with companies
These examples and home assignments are like they normally are in real companies and customer situations.
Teaching and learning methods
Contact lessons, home assignments, group learning, case, net studies.
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali. It is possible to pass the course by different assignments and contact lessons.
Level 1-2 (pass)
Level 3-4 (good)
Level 5 (excellent)
- can partly describe the sales process and the role of IT-specialist in sales.
- can partly take into account the customer view in providing services.
- can differentiate solutions’ features and benefits.
- knows all central terms concerning the theme.
- knows the principles of the central tools.
- can use tools according to the instructions of the teacher.
- can describe the sales process and the role of IT-specialist in sales.
- can take into account the customer in providing services
- knows the terms of providing value.
- can explain customer benefits of IT-solutions.
- can use all central tools effectively and in a flexible way.
- is active and interested.
- can describe the sales process and the role of an IT-specialist in sales very well
- can actively suggest solutions for customer needs based on customer understanding and value creation
- can explain IT-solutions’ customer advantages in an excellent way.
- knows all the tasks of the field in an excellent way.
- can use professionally and independently all the central tools.
- wants to find more information and try to develop his/her own professionalism during the studies.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is a process where prior learning will be assessed in consideration of current studies. Prior learning can be based on prior studies or work experience. If the student wants to pass the course by using AHOT, the student has to enroll normally for the course and contact the teacher of the course to start AHOT-procedure.
Not any pre-exam.
Office Tools: Anitta Orpana
Sales and Services: Heidi Kock
Not any requirements or prior studies.
After the course, the student
can use Office Tools effectively both in work and studies. understands the concept of modern sales and knows the role of an IT specialist in sales can turn features of IT solutions into customer benefits can explain customer-oriented thinking uunderstands the concept of customer experience. can use Office Tools effectively to support the sales process, for instance
- produce marketing material
- produce presentations for customer meetings