Scope:10 ECTS (270 h)
Timing: Fifth semester
Course level: Profile studies
Course type: Elective
Upon successful completion of this course, the student understands the ICT processes in regards to a real Business/ICT projects. The student is able to work in customer contact and solve challenges and problems in co-operation with various parties. The student is able to take responsibility in the project team in his/her own role.
Student is able to work, familiarize his/herself with the topic and apply his/her learning independently.
The student will participate as a team member or project leader in a project in one of the following main focus areas:
- Computer networking and technologies
- Server platforms and operating systems
- Cloud Services
- Software Development technologies in Cloud Platforms
- Information Security
- Internet of Things
The type and purpose of the project is generally based on a commission and could be containing:
- Network services deployment / testing
- Operating system and server design / testing / implementation
- Management of information services
- Cloud Platform design, implementation and testing
- Software Development in Cloud Platforms, design, implementation and testing
- Implementation, management and development of information security
- Penetration testing
Starting Level and linkage with other courses
The student must have passed the courses Orientation to ICT Infrastructures and Server Technologies, and have successfully passed at least one of the following courses Data Security or Cloud Service Technologies or similar courses in other degree programs.
Accepted course is evaluated with grades 1 to 5.
The student has participated in the project but the individual contribution is minor and/or the quality of the deliverables is not or barely fulfilling the target.
The student has well participated in the project and the individual contribution is on a good level with timely and qualitative deliverables.
The student has been a key member of the project and the individual contribution has clearly had a great impact on the project outcome.
Working life connections
The target is to use real life business cases.
International materials and examples may be used on the course
Team and individual work based on a project plan.
Self and peer assessment.