Scope: 15 ECTS
Timing: semesters 1 - 7
Language: English, Finnish or another language
Course level: Work Placement
Course type: compulsory
Starting level and linkage with other courses
No prerequisites. Nevertheless, the work placement tasks need to be pre-approved by the Basic Work Placement Coordinator.
The Basic Work Placement is an opportunity to gain hands on work experience in entry/junior level business or NGO administration duties. It allows the student to:
- develop practical skills for and an understanding of careers in business administration.
- take initiative and work with commitment to the tasks and the organisation.
- apply knowledge and skills gained in the work place and link them to the BBA studies, and vice versa.
- develop the ability to describe and evaluate the meaning of their own job tasks in the context of the organization.
- enhance the ability to analyse business tasks and problems by reflecting on and evaluating the company and its operations, and the tasks the student performed
- reflect on and evaluate strengths and weaknesses, competencies, employability and professional identity as well as plan their future career.
- build their professional networks.
Developing competencies, skills, knowledge and expertise in business administration.
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have prior work experience that matches the requirements set, you may apply for RPL and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at SharePoint.
Cooperation with the business community
Learning through completing the tasks agreed with and supervised by the work placement employer.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete their work placement in an internationally oriented organization or abroad.
Engagement in authentic work tasks related to business administration. Learning from feedback given by the employer. Self-reflection on the work placement experience. Preparation of the Work Placement Report, in which the work certificate is attached.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Pass, Fail.
The assessment of one’s own learning.
Basic Work Placement Coordinator(s)
All material, such as guidelines, application and report templates as well as grant information for unpaid work placements, can be found on the SharePoint Site “GLOBBA Students”, under “Work Placements”.