Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: Semester 4-6
Course level: Specialisation studies
Course type: elective
Starting level and linkage with other courses
You understand the importance of managing the sales force. You know the components and tools of sales management in B2B sales. You contribute to the development of sales strategies and sales planning. You are aware of the methods needed in managing and leading an international sales team. You are aware of various sales channel options and you have the skills to develop direct and indirect sales channels. You are aware of the differences of international and domestic sales management.
Sales management and sales planning
- strategic role of selling
- cooperation between sales and marketing functions
- sales strategies, targeting and prospecting
- sales forecasting and budgeting
- international sales organisations and territory management
- sales channel selection and management
- relationship with agents and importing companies
- recruitment, selection, training and development of sales people
- leading a sales force: motivation, training and supervision
- sales control and funnel management
- ethical issues in international sales management
- cultural differences in international sales management
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Business cases and excursion / guest speaker.
International and global business approach to course themes and topics, contributions by multinational student groups and company cooperation.
Contact and distant sessions.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
A link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.