Extent: 5 ECTS
Timing: Semester 5 – 7
Course level: Specialisation studies
Course type: compulsory for MAR specialisation students
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Basics of Marketing or equivalent. The course is tightly integrated with the course Specialisation Project. You should take these two courses at the same time.
You understand and describe branding as a strategic tool for business management, leadership and marketing. You know the value of brand management in local and global markets. You know the role and content of marketing communications in international business. You apply branding and marketing communications theories to practical contexts. You can use research findings to develop marketing communications.
- Brand management theory and models
- Brand engagement through storytelling and social media
- Brand architecture and brand strategy
- Qualitative brand research and brand management guidelines
- Integrated marketing communication
- Context analysis and communication research
- Communication planning process
- Communication objectives and measurement
- Target group decisions in b-to-b and b-to-c communication
- Media decisions
- Marketing communication in social media
- Message and creative decisions
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Client project work in connection with the Specialisation Project course.
Client projects with international companies in connection with the Specialisation Project course if possible. Learning tasks based on international context. Multicultural teamwork.
Contact and distant sessions or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
A link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.