Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: semester 4
Course level: Specialisation Studies
Course type: compulsory for MAR specialisation students
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequisite: MAR1LF101 Basics of Marketing or equivalent competence.
You know how to create and develop profitable long-term relationships with carefully targeted customers. You know the key tasks and the role of an account/key account manager. You understand the purchasing process of corporate and governmental customers. You know how to manage customer profitability by using appropriate tools. You understand how to coordinate the activities of multiple sales channels. You are familiar with some CRM IT-tools.
- planning and implementing a company’s customer strategy (the right customers)
- customer insight and understanding what customers value (customer value creation)
- buyer’s purchasing process (B2B, B2G)
- multichannel integration process
- information management process
- measurement and development of customer satisfaction
- customer profitability planning and control
- customer data collection, warehousing and analysis
- creating customer loyalty and loyalty programs (public and silent programs)
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Business cases, company visit, guest speakers.
International and global customer relationships (e.g., global account management) will be covered.
Contact and distant sessions or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
A link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.