Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: semester 4
Course level: Specialisation Studies
Course type: compulsory for MAR specialisation students
Starting level and linkage with other courses
No prerequisites. MAR3LF106 International Marketing Research is recommended to be studied at the same time.
You can choose an appropriate research approach for the needs of your marketing research project. You can design both qualitative and quantitative research, analyse data and draw conclusions.
- quantitative vs qualitative research approaches
- qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and question development
- qualitative data analysis
- quantitative data analysis (descriptive statistics, graphical presentation, correlation)
- statistical inference
- interpreting and reporting qualitative and quantitative research findings
- assessing the reliability and validity of results
- developing analytical and reasoning skills and critical thinking
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Projects in the integrated course International Marketing Research are done together with organizations and the contents of research vary based on the needs of the client(s).
Marketing research projects are tailored to client needs.
Contact and distant sessions or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
A link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Jutta Heikkilä, Maija Suonpää
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.