Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: semester 3
Course level: Specialisation Studies
Course type: compulsory for MAR specialisation students
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequisite: MAR1LF101 Basics of Marketing.
You know the personal selling process in B2B sales and ways to develop your skills as a professional salesperson. You also know various selling techniques in B2B sales negotiations in an international context and you understand the importance of planning your own work, control and customer service in B2B sales.
- B2B buying process and decision making
- customer prospecting methods
- B2B personal selling process step-by-step: sales call planning, approach, need identification, solutions presentation, dealing with objections and price, closing the sale and building up customer relations
- planning your own work, control and development
- cultural aspects in international B2B sales
- ethical issues in B2B sales
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Realistic selling exercises coordinated with other semester 4 courses: using the same companies’ products/services, if possible. Planning a Sales Manual for the sales department of a real company.
International context will be covered in sales skills exercises.
Contact and distant sessions or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
A link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Riku Hytönen, Seija Bergström
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.