Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: semester 2 for autumn 2018 and spring 2019 beginners, semester 1 for others
Course level: Basic Studies
Course type: compulsory
Starting level and linkage with other courses
You identify and describe key concepts and processes in marketing. You are able to collect basic customer data to identify customer needs and problems. You identify different dimensions in a small business marketing environment and describe their influence on marketing decisions. You identify and describe marketing mix decisions in a small business.
- creating customer value and engagement
- company and marketing strategy
- analysing the marketing environment
- marketing information to gain customer insights
- consumer and business buying behaviour
- customer value-driven marketing strategy
- products, services and brands
- new product development and life cycle
- marketing channels
- retailing and wholesaling
- promotion mix and advertising
- personal selling and sales promotion
- digital and social media marketing
- creating competitive advantage
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Identification and analysis of marketing activities of a small business.
Course contents will make use of international examples and elements.
Contact and distant sessions or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
Link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.