- Code: ITP4TF499
- Extent: 6 cr (135h)
- Timing: 6th semester
- Language: English
- Level: Professional studies
- Type: Elective (recommended in Web Application Developer)
Starting level and linkage with other courses
- Developing a Web Application (itp1tf012) completed
- Developing and e-Business Application (itp1tf013) completed or currently on-going
Upon successful completion of the course, the student is familiar with
- software quality assurance and software testing from the supplier's point of view, and
- core methods and tools used in quality assurance and software testing.
The course has two main topics, software quality assurance and testing. Both of these, including the definition of quality and testing as a way to show that a software product meets its requirements are discussed. In addition, quality assurance and testing processes and related core methods and tools are covered. This course is only for students who study according to BITE2007 curriculum.
Teaching and learning methods
The course comprises of lectures and individual exercises. Course topics are discussed and methods and tools are demonstrated on lectures and practiced hands-on with individual exercises.
The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Jukka Juslin, Pasila
The course material is mainly based on the following books:
Graham D. et al.: Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification
Myers G.: The Art of Software Testing
Astels D.: Test-Driven Development, A Practical Guide
Enders A. and Rombach D.: A Handbook of Software and Systems Engineering
In addition, articles and other material pointed out by the teacher may be used.
Assessment is based on mid-term exam and the exercises. The relative weights of the assessment components are as follows:
- Mid-term exam 1/3 of the grade
- Exercises 2/3 of the grade
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.