Scope: 5cr (135h)
Timing: 2nd semester
Course level: Professional studies
Course type: Elective
Starting Level and linkage with other course
Student has completed the Orientation to ICT Infrastructures ICT1TF010
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to
- install the Linux/Windows Server operating system, and specify the server
- deploy a variety of server roles and features
- understand network protocols functions
- understand server platforms requirements and their suitability for different services
- deploy the most typical servers and knows the basics of the Windows / Linux server environment
- install and maintain appropriate programming platform
- Windows / Linux server architectures
- Data networks main protocols
- Server environment installation and management
- Directory Services
- Network services and their function
- System services and service management
- Installation and maintenance of web-server
- LAMP / MEAN
- Maintenance and maintenance tools.
Working life connections
Guest lectures are organized if feasible.
All course material is provided in English. Possible guest lecturers from international companies.
Teaching and learning methods
- Teaching 48 h
- Independent study 87 h
- The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
Accreditation of prior learning (APL) is observed on the course according to separate instructions.
- the course web pages
- online material
Accepted course is evaluated with grades 1 to 5.
- Student shows sufficient activity in studying
- Can explain the issues discussed in the course
- Can use the course basic content. Needs often assistance in problem situations, and in the interpretation of the course material
- Student shows good activity in studying
- Can explain well the issues discussed in the course
- Can use the course content in a versatile way
- Needs sometimes assistance in problem situations, and in the interpretation of the course material
- Student shows excellent activity in studying
- Can explain excellently the issues discussed in the course
- Can apply the course content in a versatile way
- Can independently examine and solve problems and retrieve information from different sources
Assessment components and their respective weights
- Examination 40%
- Assignments and Project work 60%
The assessment of one's own learning does not influence the course grade. The assignment is the same for all courses or modules and the answers will also be used for course or module development. The assignment is completed on an electronic form.