Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: semester 3
Course level: Basic Studies
Course type: compulsory
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course “Internationalisation of a Firm” (IBU1LF103) will provide the main theories and tools needed during this course. For that reason you should take the two courses at the same time.
You we be able to sell a project to a commissioning company and you will learn how to build a strong relationship with them.
You will learn how to keep the company updated (show your accountability and progress) and how to make good use of the feedback they provide to you.
You will learn to make an international market research in a systematic way by using reliable sources of information and appropriate theoretical tools (secondary research).
You will get confident in contacting potential foreign customers and other valuable parties to get business information from them (primary research).
Finally you will be able to evaluate the market entry options for the company and to make fact based recommendations for them.
- B-to-B sales skills
- selling a project idea to a commissioning company
- evaluating the organizational readiness to internationalize
- evaluating the suitability of the company’s offering for foreign markets
- screening countries to identify a promising target market
- justifying the choice of the target country
- assessing the market potential of the chosen market
- analysing the international value chain
- identifying and evaluating potential foreign business partners and direct customers and contacting them personally to find out their purchasing interest
- estimating the company’s sales potential in the target country
- recommendations how to enter the target market and how to position the product/service on the market
- interim and final reporting face-to-face with the commissioning company
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
Student teams make a market research for a company. Company representatives will give an assignment to the team. Student teams are expected to build a strong relationship with the commissioning company.
The market research will be done on a foreign market.
Contact and distant lessons or educationalisation.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
Link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.