Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
Timing: semester 1-7
Language: German and English
Level: Language level A2/B1
Type: Free choice
The student has completed at least the courses German for Beginners 1 and 2 or has equivalent knowledge. This is a preparation course for professional German (A2).
- Upon successful completion of the course, the student is prepared to participate in the internationally recognized language test BULATS arranged in cooperation with the GOETHE-Institute in order to acquire the BULATS certificate. The certificate is recognized by international employers and German authorities and is beneficial when looking for work placements or job opportunities in German speaking countries.
- The student gets acquainted with his/her German language level and knows the structure and testing methods of the BULATS test.
- He/she will be acquainted with basic terminology in professional situations and basic grammatical structures.
The purpose of this course is to prepare the student for the BULATS’ online test. The student will become familiar with the testing system of BULATS and practices helping to prepare for the test.
- Exercises especially for reading and listening comprehension on level A2/B1
- Review of the basics structures of German language
- Vocabulary for professional situations
NOTE: The actual BULATS test is not part of the course. It will be completed in cooperation with the GOETHE-INSTITUTE after the course and has a fee (approx. 50-70 €) to be paid by the student.
Cooperation with the business community
Haaga-Helia and GOETHE-Institute Finland
The completion of the course and the possible acquired certificate will support students’ possibility for a work placement outside Finland.
Teaching and learning methods
70 % has to be done online (56 h). This includes all written assignments, online exercises, etc.
30 % is offered in contact sessions (32 h = 8x 4h)
A minimum of half of the contact sessions (4 times) should be attended.
Teachers with the main responsibility of the course
Provided by the teachers and the GOETHE-Institute
Assessment on the scale: 1-5