Scope: 5 ECTS (135h)
Timing: 2nd semester, 1st period
Course level: Profile studies
Course type: Elective
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to understand why and how to create better services by bringing the voice of the customer as part of service development
- He/she understands that user experience consists of chain of actions that generate a meaningful and valuable entity from the user’s perspective. This chain can contain different kinds of service moments, contact points and interactions with service providers, user interfaces and other service users
- He/she can examine and develop the experience as a whole as well as its parts
- He/she can use different methods for mapping the user experience and apply the methods purposefully
- He/she understands the importance of making the stakeholders participate in the design process and apply different working ways and methods of participatory design
- He/she can transform the problems arising from the user’s experience or other relevant moments into meaningful service solutions and describe the outcome of development in a manner that is communicable to different stakeholders
- He/she can validate the plan created in the process and modify it according to the validation results
Topics to be covered in the course include the following:
Methods for developing user experience:
- for mapping the user experience
- for analysing the user information
- for utilizing the information in design
- for testing and evaluating the designs
Starting Level and linkage with other courses
The student must have passed the course Introduction to Digital Services.
Accepted course is evaluated with grades 1 to 5.
Knows partially the concepts related to user experience and understands the meaning of user experience in service development. Knows the basic principles of designing user experience.
Knows the basic concepts related to user experience, can map the user experience and utilize the findings in designing user experience.
Masters the entity of user experience, can map the entire user experience and skilfully applies the knowledge gained in designing user experiences.
Working life connections
Real life business cases may be used on the course.
International materials and examples may be used on the course
This course may be completed by either:
a. participating in contact lessons and completing the tasks given as either daytime, evening, or intensive implementations OR
b. by participating in a working life project or other project OR
c. by taking an exam and/or turning in the learning assignments OR
d. by showing the requisite skills as acquired at work OR
e. by taking part in a network-based course.
A self-assessment will be required for completion of the course.