Scope: 5 ECTS (135 h)
Timing: 1st semester
Curriculum: Master Curriculum
Starting level and linkage with other courses
This course replaces following course(s) in the current curriculum:
- COM2LJ002 Planning and Leading Communications
- COM2LJ008 Stakeholder Communications
- COM4LJ006 Issue / Crisis Communication
- MGT4LG210 International marketing
- MGT4LG211 Leading by branding
- REG3RY010 Palvelubrändin hallinta
Upon successful completion of the course, the student is able to
- Understand and describe brand management as a strategic tool for management and leadership in the global business environment
- Apply theories of branding, communication and marketing to practical contexts
- Recognise and address the interests of various stakeholder groups
- Create and sustain networks of collaboration with internal and/or external partners
- Apply problem identification, analysis and solving in real-life cases
Learning objectives and assessment
Passed courses are assessed on a scale of 1 to 5. The assessment criteria are presented for grades 1, 3 and 5.
The student is familiar with the principles of brand management and the various domains of communication and marketing as a strategic tool for business management. S/he has basic knowledge about key concepts, methods and tools related to marketing and communication and can apply them in real-life cases. S/he can participate in brand management activities and develop a limited scope solution for internal and/or external purposes in an organisation.
The student knows how to use various perspectives on brand management, communication and marketing as a strategic tool for business management. S/he can deploy key concepts, methods and tools related to marketing and communication when justifying her/his own choices in real-life cases according to business needs. S/he can assess and develop brand management processes and activities for internal and/or external purposes.
In addition to the criteria for grade 3 the student can critically evaluate and develop concepts, methods and knowledge related to brand management. S/he can include brand perspectives in corporate planning and management processes at various levels. The student can seek and analyse information in order to continuously improve marketing communication in a given context. He/she can generate new ideas and successfully argue for his/her opinions and ideas. S/he can initiate and maintain co-operation between organisational functions and justify strategic choices and prioritise actions accordingly.
- Branding and brand management as a strategic tool in an organisation
- Marketing and communication; key concepts and practical domains
- Identification, prioritisation and management of internal and external stakeholders
- Reputation, issue and crisis communication
- Collaboration with internal and external networks for marketing and communication purposes
Depending on the implementation, learning takes place in contact lessons, independent studies, teamwork and online-studies. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If students have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, they can show their competence via a demonstration and thus progress faster through their studies. More information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning (RPL) are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
The studies and learning assignments seek to mirror everyday business in corporations and other organisations. Students apply their learning within their current work environment.
Depending on the implementation, student backgrounds and work environments bring an international perspective to the course. Internationality can also be present through cases, books, articles and assignments.