Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
Timing: Semester 5 - 7
Level: Professional Specialization Studies
Type: Compulsory to those chosen ACC1LF Financial Management for Global Business as their specialization
The student has successfully completed the GloBBA Basic and Joint Professional Studies. The course is part of the module of Financial Management for Global Business.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- understands how the value added tax system operates in the EU-area and in the global business
- distinguishes between various rates of VAT in different countries
- is able to record VAT in the bookkeeping system
- is able to calculate taxable profit and total amount of income taxes for different organization forms
- has a basic knowledge about tax planning in the international environment
- has enhanced his/her HH3S competences as applicable to the course.
- VAT principles and rates in the different countries
- VAT refunds within European countries and in the global markets
- VAT transactions in the company´s accounts
- Income taxation of different organization forms
- International transfer pricing of goods and services
- Main issues about the avoidance of double taxation of foreign source income as well as key issues related to responsible tax planning
Cooperation with the business community
Real business based examples and cases, guest speakers.
International and global business approach to course themes and topics, contributions by multinational student groups and company cooperation.
Teaching and learning methods
The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Accreditation of prior learning
Accreditation of prior learning (APL) is observed on the course according to separate instructions.
Teacher with the main responsibility for the course
Materials handed out by the teacher
|1 (Min. 40%
|3 (Min. 70%
|5 (Min. 90%
||The student knows the differences of direct and indirect taxation. He/she understands that taxation should be considered in the course of business. He/she knows the differences in taxation in the EU and non-EU countries.
||The student recognizes the importance of tax considerations linked to different operations of the company. He/she is able to explain how the tax issues affect the business decisions.
||The student fully understands taxation, both corporate and VAT, as a part of a company`s decision making process. He/she is able to add value with tax considerations in global trading and business. He/she is able to interpret demanding tax issues and finds easily information from various sources.
||The student knows how to find out information about taxations in different jurisdictions.
||The student is mostly able to interpret tax legislation. He/she understands the main effects and considerations of taxation.
||The student is fully capable to apply and interpret tax legislations and practices in the global business environment.
||The student is able to complete tasks with the help of a supervisor and team members. He/she participates in team meetings during the project work and attending the project presentations. The student shows poor service and sales orientation as required by the HH3S policy.
||The student is mostly able to complete the tasks according to the agreed work plan and capable of actively working on a multicultural team. He/she shows verbal communication skills in the presentations. The student shows good service and sales orientation as required by the HH3S policy.
||The student communicates professionally with the tutor, project company and multicultural team members and completes independently the tasks according to the agreed work plan. He/she shows a positive attitude and well verbal communication skills in the project presentations. The student shows excellent service and sales orientation as required by the HH3S policy.
Modes of assessment and their weights
Assignments and learning diary 30%
The assessment of one's own learning does not influence the course grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed on an E-form.