You are here
Degree Programme in Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management, Helsinki
Experts for service sector
Do you want to be part of the world's most dynamic and leading socio-economic sector? The degree programme in Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management provides students multiple competencies. Students can choose on of the two main streams:
- Hospitality Experience Management (Accommodation Management or Food & Beverage Management)
- Tourism Experience Management (Competitive Tourism Destinations or Developing Transportation, Travel Agency and Event Management Business)
Within the Hospitality Experience Management stream, five student places are reserved for new field of expertise, the Hospitality Innovation & Imagineering (in partnership with NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands).
Studies improve student's skills in project management, team working and presentation. As Bachelor of Hospitality Management one is an expert of the service sector.
Full-time studies that begin in August 2018
- title: restonomi (AMK) (Bachelor of Hospitality Management)
- 210 credit points (ECTS)
- the application period is from 9 January to 1 February 2018
- entrance examination: 5.4.-6.4.2018 (information about reading material below, more information about the entrance examination will be published later).
- please read how to apply with SAT-test
- see application information on Studyinfo.fi website
- please read more about tuition fee
- application statistics
Reading Package for the Entrance Examination 2018
The pre-reading material: “Changes in the Hospitality Industry. Viewpoints on the Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Field".
There are three possibilities you can choose from to purchase your reading package:
* the printed version of the reading package (50 €) can be purchased from Matsku-store at Haaga Campus, Pajuniityntie 11, 00320 Helsinki (please note: cash only)
* the printed version of the reading package (50 €) can be ordered and paid by HHShop (on-line shop) or
* the electronic (pdf-version) of the reading package (35 €) from HHShop (on-line shop), electronic downloadable materials delivered via email immediately when the online payment is received.).
On video Maria Servandez shares her career story.
My decision of studying at Haaga Campus is probably one of the best I have made in my life. As a foreign student in Finland, the study environment and the internationalism in the study scope were something I particularly treasured. The degree programme excelled me in presentation, project management and team working skills. In addition, I managed to build a solid network along my studies, many of my schoolmates became my dearest colleagues and peers in the industry today. Being an entrepreneur, I realised that the education and support I received provided me a steady foundation to start my career. I would recommend without hesitation anyone to pursue this degree programme and receive a Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management.
Founder, CEO Huone Events Hotel (Helsinki & Singapore)
I have maintained a close relationship with Haaga-Helia even after graduation. One of the greatest assets I got from there was the introduction with my former employer which gave the expertise and network to become an entrepreneur, another decision that was a lot easier as we actually went through the process of founding a company during the courses.
My recommendation for the students aiming for an international career is to take each and every opportunity to go abroad during the studies: internships, exchange programme and competitions all help in building the network which will help you find and land a position abroad. Hospitality is growing on a global scale and continues to offer possibilities to experience different cultures and destinations, whereas many other industries suffer and must undergo drastic changes.
I have never regretted my choice to work in this field and Haaga-Helia offers the best possible education for it in Finland!
Consultant, Entrepreneur, JE Hospitality Oy