As part of our 10th anniversary events, we are organising campaigns to support important social causes. This year, we are supporting the Joulupuu gift-giving campaign and SOS Children’s Villages Finland to help low-income families and children.
Our Joulupuu collection will take place at the Pasila campus on 1 - 8 December, room 1204A
You can bring your presents to room 1204a or the information desk of the Pasila campus between 7:30am and 9:00pm on weekdays.
Joulupuu is an annual giving event that brings joy both to the givers and the recipients and their families. Christmas presents are collected for children who are in the child protection system, in foster or residential care, or who will otherwise be left without presents this Christmas due to their families’ financial circumstances. There are more than 10,000 such children in the Helsinki metropolitan area alone. Joulupuu is a national campaign that is primarily organised by the local branches of Junior Chamber International.
How to give:
- The present card can be collected in advance from room 1204a of the Pasila campus, or you can fill it in when you bring your present. Alternatively, the card can be printed from here.
- The card specifies the recipient’s age and gender (e.g. 15-year-old boy, 6-year-old girl).
- The present should be a new or home-made unused item. Unfortunately money gifts cannot be accepted.
- Wrap the present.
- Specify the contents on the present card. The card will be replaced and your present will be addressed to a suitable recipient child identified by the local social welfare office.
- Attach your present card using ribbon so that it can be easily removed and replaced. Please don’t use sticky tape.
- Bring your gift to the collection point at Pasila.
Further information https://joulupuu.org/
Supporting SOS Children's Villages
Do you want to help bring Christmas joy to some of the most vulnerable children and young people and help improve the lives of families in Finland and around the world? By supporting SOS Children’s Villages, you can help a suffering child or family near you. You can make your donation directly to the bank account of SOS Children’s Villages Finland Nordea FI27 2386 1800 0100 66, using Haaga-Helia’s reference number 2354. https://www.sos-lapsikyla.fi/etusivu/
The fund helps low-income families purchase Christmas presents for their children and/or a Christmas meal for the whole family.
Get involved in our campaign to spread seasonal joy! Together we can do more!