Enrolment - for the Open UAS system and for the singular courses
Applying for study right
- Start by sending us your information by webform on the left in the navigation bar, "Application form, Open UAS". Please choose the term, Spring or Autumn, for which you apply the study right in Open UAS. You will get more detailed instructions how to proceed further by e-mail.
- Notice that to get the study right for English language courses you must prove your language skills. See the criteria for English language courses.
- Familiarize yourself with the Open UAS Special Offering courses or the degree programme courses in the Excel timetable of Helsinki Campuses. Familiarize yourself with course descriptions and prerequisites alike and write down the course codes and implementation numbers, for example ENG8HH001-11. Please note that it is important to write down the implementation numbers (in the example -11) because it specifies the course implementation and there might be several implementations in parallel at the same time.
- Check the course selection with the Open UAS academic advisor, as well as to check the number of free seats on the chosen courses with the Student Affairs Office before paying the semester fee and always when starting the studies in the middle of a semester.
Students, who have studied before at the HAAGA-HELIA Open UAS
- If you have previously studied at HAAGA-HELIA Open UAS, you can get your student number reactivated by sending the receipt to the Student Affairs Office in paper mail or scanned by e-mail. Then enrolling for courses is once again possible - when the enrolling time for the semester /course has started.
Enrolment for the Spring term 2013 courses has ended.
Enrolment for the Autumn term 2013 courses starts 27 May 2013.
All Open UAS students can start making their course enrolments for the Spring term 2013 on 2 January 2013 for both Special Offering courses and for the degree programme courses. All students must fulfil the prerequisites set for participation for singular courses.
- Enrolling for courses is possible until approximately the beginning of the course.
- Course attendance: You have to be present for the first class to confirm your seat on the course! During that first meeting, you will also get information on all course details, e.g. the course contents, requirements and assignments.
- When you get your study right and can use WinhaWille, the student register's student interface, you can check the number of enrolments on the courses yourself.
- We recommend that you earn a maximum of 30 credits during a term, which is approximately a 50 hour workload per week.
- Do not make unnecessary course enrolments - don't block your fellow students access to the courses!
If you have guestions about enrolments, please contact Student Affairs Office
- Haaga campus: studentaffairs.haaga(at)haaga-helia.fi
- Malmi campus: studentaffairs.malmi(at)haaga-helia.fi
- Pasila Campus studentaffairs.pasila(at)haaga-helia.fi
- Vallila campus: studentaffairs.vallila(at)haaga-helia.fi
Admission criteria for Master's Degree Programmes
Students must meet admission criteria to be eligible for admission to master’s programmes:
- completion of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (this includes degrees from other Universities of Applied Sciences) and
- at least three (3) years work experience (after graduation from an institute of higher education; the three year period starts from the earning of the vocational degree for applicants who have a vocational degree in addition to a bachelor’s degree (work experience should be from the field of study)
NOTE! Only elective/free-choice studies can be chosen (code 4 or 8)
Student Affairs Office or academic advisor verify that the admission criteria are met, but the degree programme heads (or senior lecturers) confirm the eligibility for admission of each applicant by checking their studies and work experience.
Transcript of records
- get it from any Student Affairs Office
- no charge
- teachers have three weeks to issue grades to the participants.