International Business Agreements
Code: IBA2LA007 (IBA8LG007 for master students)
Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
Level: specialization studies
Type: compulsory (elective for master students)
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course is a part of the International Business Acumen (IBA) studies.
Upon succesful completion of the course, the student
- understands the legal background for international actors
- becomes familiar with the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods CISG
- learns to conclude international trade contracts while understanding the obligations and risks involved
- becomes familiar with alternative methods of dispute resolution
- A short insight to the sources of international law and jurisdication
- International business contracts
- International business trade
- Dispute resolution
Teaching and learning methods
Contact hours 24 h
Independent studies 57 h
Satu Pitkänen, Pasila
August, R., Mayer, D. & Bixby, M. 2009. International Business Law. 5th edition, Prentice Hall. New Jersey.
The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods CISG (1980) Vienna.
Other material provided by teacher.
Completing the assignments and passing the exam are prerequisites for the final grade.