The application period for Vocational Teacher Education has ended on 26 January 2017, 15.00 Finnish time.
The results of the 2017 student selection have been published on 6 April 2017 in the My Studyinfo service. You can log into the service if you have e.g. bank account codes of a Finnish bank. All applicants have also been sent a notification by post. The lowest accepted admission point score in Haaga-Helia for the group in English is 20,5.
Qualification requirements in a nutshell
In most cases the requirements are:
- a relevant university or polytechnic/UAS degree and
- a minimum of three years of work experience in a field corresponding to the degree.
In the field of social services and health the requirements are either a relevant Master's degree and three years of work experience corresponding to the degree or a relevant polytechnic/UAS degree and five years of work experience corresponding to the degree.
For aspiring teachers of so-called general subjects (e.g. languages) of vocational institutions the requirement is in most cases a relevant Master's degree with no work experience requirement.
See admission criteria 2017 in short. The full admission criteria are available in Studyinfo. Please read the full admission criteria carefully through before applying.
Recognition of non-Finnish degree
Please notice that if
- you have completed your university degree outside the Nordic Countries, or
- your university degree is a degree in the educational field of Social Services and Health and you have not completed your degree in Finland, or
- your university degree is less than three years in extent and you have completed it in the Nordic countries, or
- you belong to so-called General Subject Teacher applicants and you have completed your degree outside Finland,
a recognition of your degree from the Finnish National Agency for Education is required. For more information, please visit http://www.oph.fi/english/services/recognition.
The process of recognition may take three to four months, so please apply for the recognition by FNAE as early as possible. Without the decision on recognition, your application cannot be considered.
phone +358 40 488 7554 or +358 40 488 7520.